Friday, May 22, 2009

Tek's Divorce

I usually try not to talk about the player's personal lives because I think that it is...well...personal. However, I read this and just felt the overwhelming need to mention it, not for the news per se....but for the news inside the news.

So, Jason Varitek is officially divorced. There was an article in the Globe about it. No shock or real news to anybody. I find it annoying that the financial terms of their divorce is reported. Why is that anyone else's business but their own? Why can't they just say that the two sides came to financial terms? I am glad for Tek that it is over since I know that process can be stressful.

What intrigued me is the comment by the judge:

The divorce decree, signed Tuesday by Judge Melodie Snell Connor, stipulates that the couple can't interfere in each other's lives, and shall behave "as if never married to each other."


Ok, that is just bizarre. One, they have three children together. They are going to be in each other's lives and part of each other's decision making for a long time to come. It's just a natural biproduct of being divorced parents. They share custody for gosh darn sake. Part of their parenting process will mean at times...interfering with one another's lives. I know it probably means they cannot be intrusive, but it is just a bizarre way to phrase it.

And to "behave as if they were never married to one another"??? Really? So, I guess Tek is on the hunt for one of those mind erasure thingies from 'Eternal Sunshine from the Spotless Mind.'

P.S. I might have written this entry just to give a shoutout to Eternal Sunshine. Great flik. In my All-Time Top 5.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP