Friday, May 22, 2009

Sh*t Talking All Around in Red Sox Loss

Dice-K lost in his first outing after coming off of the DL in a game that had its share of odd events. Santana was too much for the Red Sox; striking out Big Papi and Youk 3 times apiece. You was beaned in the fifth causing Eck to let one fly in the broadcast booth:

Johan Santana did not like that Youk staring at him after being plunked:

I just told him to just take his base," Santana said. "That was about it. But he was still looking at me and talking and it fires me up. I've got respect for everybody and I respect this game but at the same time, I'm going to play hard. If you're looking at me like that, you're going to get it back because I'm a gamer and that's what I'm going to do."
Dice-K looked a little rusty in the game giving up 5 hits and 4 earned runs in 5 innings. The Sox offense left too many ducks on the pond to win this one.

Red Sox Lose 5-3 BOX SCORE


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Mets 0 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 5 8 3
Red Sox 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 6 1

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP