Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Manny Saga Continues

Manny, Manny, Manny.....
[sigh]
I have two names for Manny to think about. Both of them were demi-gods and worshipped by their fans. they could do absolutely no wrong, no matter what they did: Bobby Knight and Terell Owens. Both men had gifts and talent. Both finally broke that proverbial straw. Both were finally shown the door.
Earlier this week, I wrote that something big was going to happen before the deadline, what exactly, I don't know. As much as I love seeing Manny in a Sox uniform, as much as I love seeing him barehanding balls off The Monster and firing bullets in, he may just have matched those other two icons I just mentioned. I usually don't pay much attention to what Dan Shaughnessy has to say, but he has written an interesting piece tonight that seems disturbingly on the mark. I'm still hoping to see Manny finish in the top 10 or 7 or 6 in total career homers in a Sox uniform, but his action of the past few weeks are dangerously close to sending himself elsewhere. Let's hope he goes for the cycle or better tomorrow night, and makes #1 on the web gems as well, or we could see him in a new uniform sooner rather than later.
And that would be a tragedy.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP