Friday, July 25, 2008

What to Make of Manny?

It is so hard to figure out who the real Manny is. I want to believe he is the guy who high-fives a fan in the middle of a double play, has fun in the dugout, sells his grill on ebay, and drives in runs. I don't want to believe that he is a guy who attacks traveling secretaries, bitches about money when he makes major bank, or could possibly be faking injuries or blowing ABs on purpose. I have usually been one to defend Ramirez and I like that he can bring some fun to the game. The last few weeks it has been very tough to defend him. I don't doubt that he has a sore knee, I question if he could have gutted it out tonight. If his knee was really that bad he should have had the MRI on the off day and the Sox should have known about it long before. There is also this from Bradford Files:

I will leave you with this tonight … There are strong indications that if Manny Ramirez shows up at the park Saturday and pronounces himself unfit to play, the team will issue disciplinary actions which could include a suspension. Just in case you’re wondering, the clubhouse opens to the media at 12:25 p.m., although Ramirez typically shows up well before that.

I think RemDawg sums up the current feeling of Red Sox Nation towards ManRam. Watch below:

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP