Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wake's Recovery is Not Going Well

Tim Wakefield will not be rejoining the Red Sox anytime soon after facing a setback in his rehab:


“I’m just depressed that this isn’t progressing the way I want it to progress,” Wakefield said yesterday, his 43rd birthday. “I’m throwing, playing catch. There are different symptoms now. I’ve got zero strength in my left calf due to the nerve. I’m just waiting for it to get better.”

With Buchholz and Penny both struggling on the mound the team needs Wake back ASAP.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Buchholz & penny?? What about smoltz?? The only ones I feel comfortable with on the mound these days is Beckett and Lester. Get well SOON Wake!!!

Anonymous,  August 3, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

and what news of our japanese delight?

dave,  August 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Dice-K is now on the 60 day DL, due back around the 1st of September.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP