Wednesday, July 29, 2009

With Cliff Lee Off the Table, All Eyes Turn Towards Halladay

Something big is cooking and the Red Sox are in negotiations for Halladay and Victor Martinez. Since Cliff Lee was traded to the Phillies the Jays are running out of suitors for their ace. The Red Sox have offered Buchholz and a top prospect and the Jays have countered with an offer the Sox are still mulling. The Yanks have entered the negotiations but really don't have the depth to pull off this deal; they would have to give up Joba and possibly Hughes. Theo knows this team needs a shot in the arm like the '04 team did so be ready for a blockbuster before the end of the week. If I were Buchholz I would start packing my bags.

3 comments:

Tony Bowman July 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I hope sincerely that the Sox get Halladay. I'm less enthused about Victor Martinez though. The only way I see the Sox seriously considering Martinez is as a 1B/DH long-term and that they are going to make a run a Mauer when he hits free agency after next year. And if that's the case, then they will need some bullets in the gun at the trade deadline to get get Mauer.

Anonymous,  July 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hello Halladey.... means GOOD BYE Mauer. We don't need arms!!! We need a future catcher and offense. This could be Tho's worst move to date.

Heretic,  July 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

If we can have a rotation of Beckett / Halladay / Lester / Dice-K / Wakefield, I'll take my chances with the offense we have right now. Catcher is definitely something we need to get going on, but I don't think the need is immediate. There's still time to shop around for our next long term catcher.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP